Welcome

Now therefore take, I pray you, your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison...Genesis 27:3

WHAT I'M DEALING WITH

After shooting this bow for alittle while, I can almost call myself a amateur. Almost. I have equipped my bow with a Tru-Glo 4 pin site (pins are set for 20, 30, 40, 50 yards), Trophy Ridge drop-away arrow rest, a String Suppressor Stopper and Puff String Silencers. I am shooting Carbon Terminator 4560 arrows, with 100 grain tips.

My bow is set at 29" draw length with a 63 pound draw weight.

After getting bow sighted in, I need to work on sound. I am getting a twang sound, from the string I think. First I am going to remove the puff balls and put on some Beaver Balls onto my strings and see if that helps. After doing some research on the Puff Balls I have on there now, they are no good when they get wet. The Beaver Balls are suppose to be good in all kinds of weather.

With my bow weight being set at 63#, and my arrows are for draw weights 45-60#. Different size of arrows are designed to absorb the kinetic energy bow. Since my arrows are little on small side, I think the energy is traveling through the bow. So instead of purchasing new arrows, I will crank my bow down around 60#.

If these two things don't help, I will make trip to archery shop and ask them to check out bow. If you have any suggestions, please leave comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment