Welcome

Now therefore take, I pray you, your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison...Genesis 27:3

The Jury Is In!

Went with a friend to an archery shop tonight, he knows these guys real good and wanted them to set up my bow. They went through it and made everything was lined up. Everything looked good. David (the man behind the counter) noticed few things he did not like on my bow.

  1. D-loop was to big. He put a new one on and made it shorter. He also noticed that the knots on loop were on the same side. Apparently they are suppose to be opposite of each other. Also had a 2 noks on the string and it was slowing my bow down. He removed them.
  2. David noticed there was no serving on the string where the stopper was making contact on string. So he wrapped serving around it.
  3. He also relocated the pull string on the drop-away arrow rest. It was popping up when I would draw back. Then he attached a new arrow holder also. Before, all I was doing was letting the arrow rest between two felt pads. Which was noisy. Arrow would bounce around. NO MORE.
  4. After making sure everything else look good, he paper tuned it. 1st shot is all it took. It looked good. A BULLET . It's what every archer looks for.
  5. Now for the sad part. We shot bow through chronograph and my bow as shooting a IBO speed of 223 fps. That I do not like. I want faster. URGH, URGH, URGH. When my bow came out on market, they advertised 300 fps. They don't tell you the only way to achieve that is to shoot arrows without fletching or with bare strings. No nok. No silencers. Nothing.
So now I have a few more options to get the IBO speed up. I am going to in future, near future I hope, change out arrows. Then one's I'm shooting are heavy. 360 grains. That's 12 grains per inch. I want to purchase some new ones around 260 grains, that will put me down around 8.6 grains per inch. These guys were a great set of guys. Helped me out a lot. Best of all didn't charge me a arm & lef for labor, parts and most important....knowledge was free.

No comments:

Post a Comment