Welcome

Now therefore take, I pray you, your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison...Genesis 27:3

Day 1 OF HUNTING


DAY 1
I spent some time checking out this land and looking for signs of deer. The green diamonds represent what I found.


I went out on my first day of deer hunting on a friends property on December 28, 2009. I gathered everything up that I thought I would need to bag me a deer. I am completely decked out in Real Tree HD Camouflage from head down.(Except for my muck rubber boots) The topography image is of the land that I am currently hunting. Its a older satellite image. There is much more trees now.


First thing I do is get out of bed at 4:00 am and take a shower with a special soap and shampoo that is to help eliminate human scent. I then take my hunting closes out of a trash bag that I have washed with no detergent and sprayed with spray for eliminating human scent. It was tucked away from things in a backpack in back of a closet.


After getting dress I check Weather.com for teperature and wind direction for the day. 24 degrees and 15-20 mph winds out of the south/southeast.


I arrive to deer stand about 5:15 am and sit there till 9:00 am.....Nothing. I see no deer and hear no deer. Packed it in and called it a day.




No comments:

Post a Comment